We are offering for sale this rare 1949 Ferrari yearbook. This is an original first printing by Stabilimento Poligrafico Artioli in Modena, NOT one of the more common Merritt reprints. This book comes directly from the collection of a former Ferrari employee who obtained the yearbook during the time he worked at the factory.
It is complete with original heavyweight rag paper cover, 52 b/w pages and two 2-color printed fold outs, one mapping the 1949 racing activity of Scuderia Ferrari and one with a cutaway drawing of that year’s Grand Prix car. Overall dimensions approx 31cm x 24cm.
This is a well preserved but not pristine example of this rare book with wear and light damage commensurate with age. If you have any questions about condition not answered by the photographs or condition report below, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Yellowing throughout
- Light brown age spotting throughout. The first interior page (with the Prancing Horse above “Omaggio agli amici collaboratori”) is worst, most interior pages have few light spots. Visible in photos.
- Approx 25mm x 30mm brown stain on front cover
- Cover is partially separated from spine in the front and back of book. Visible in photos of inside front cover and last fold-out of Grand Prix car.
- Slight wear/rumpling to cover edges and spine from handling. See circled areas in photo.
- Back cover was creased then re-flattened at some point, leaving a diagonal mark.
- 2nd fold-out at back of book has frayed edge and is torn/creased in one spot
- Approx 25mm x 30mm water stain on back cover, resulting in surface discoloration only, no bleed-through. See circled area in photo.
- Slight curl to page corners from handling
$POA, currently listed on ebay
Please contact us if you have any questions or are interested in purchasing this original 1949 Ferrari yearbook.
In the next few weeks, we will be offering more rare early yearbooks and literature sourced from the same collection.